Minor Ailments Scheme
The minor ailments scheme is designed to enable patients with minor health conditions to access medicines and advice through your local pharmacy without the need of seeing your doctor or attending Urgent Care.
Please see the list of minor ailments you can go direct to your pharmacy to help manage:
- Athletes foot
- Hay Fever/Rhinitis (some exclusions may apply) Hay Fever Leaflet
- Head Lice
- Headache/Earache/Temperature (some exclusions may apply)
- Infant Teething
- Mild eczema and Dermatitis
- Nasal Congestion
- Sore Throat
- When attending the pharmacy the patient must be present
- Charges may vary Pharmacy to Pharmacy
- Pharmacists may recommend treatment that would require payment, but cost may be less than a prescription fee and the patient could receive treatment today!